Mistakes are very natural. They are being made by everyone in any field of work. And there is nothing to be ashamed of; it happens. In fact, mistakes are one of the powerful way to learn. Each mistake teach you some important lesson that build up your knowledge & skill set.
Learning from mistakes is the key. Taking lessons from your own mistake as well as those of others helps you avoid those and make some others..:)
If you’re a Web Designer or a Software Developer, you must have at some point of time made following funny mistakes…
- “I accidentally put a half-finished (with massive broken bits) update of a website over top of the current live one without a back-up.”
- “Worst programming mistake: editing off a live server and then uploading an old version of the website. All files lost!”
- “Sat on the development FTP for half an hour, being mad that the live website wouldn’t update!”
- “Deleted the shopping cart table from a live website instead of deleting one of the records in the table.”
- “Uploading to the dev website FTP and wondering why the live website wasn’t changing, which sent me around the bend in the process!”
Seems to be a familiar mistakes? Here is a article on “What Is The Worst Design or Programming Mistake You’ve Ever Made?” if you want to read more.