Solr is the popular, blazing fast open source enterprise search platform from the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic clustering, database integration, rich document (Word, PDF, etc.) handling, and geospatial search. Solr is highly scalable, providing distributed search and index replication, and it powers the search and navigation features of many of the world’s largest internet sites.
Main Feature of Apache Solr:
- Powerful full text search
- Advanced Lanaguage analysis (over 30 languages)
- Relevancy based ranking of search results
- Hit Highlighting
- Drill Down (Faceted) Search
- Rich Document support in indexing
- Near Real Time Indexing
- Direct Integration with your database
- Geospatial search
- Solr Cloud for reliability, scalability and distributed search with automated fail over and recovery. Built on the battle-tested Apache Zookeeper, Solr makes it easy to scale up and down. Solr bakes in replication, distribution, rebalancing and fault tolerance out of the box.
- Inbuilt Replication
- Easier integration using JSON, XML, CSV or binary over HTTP
- powerful matching capabilities including phrases, wildcards, joins, grouping and much more across any data type
- built-in, responsive administrative user interface
- Extensive Logging and Log Analysis (via Silk)
We have extensive experience working with Solr for multiple use cases including the most popular search and faceting. With our extensive experience with Apache Solr, we can help you improve your search quality, merchandising visibility, performance, etc.
We can help you integrate Solr with your project to get the benefits of Apache Solr in your project.